Two days until the launch of calumhenderson.com!
Archive for January, 2010
calumhenderson.com is close!
Tags: .com, Blog, Blogging
This blog will be shutting down in a few days. To be replaced by calumhenderson.com!
There are a number of reasons that I will be doing this, here are some stated below
- I have more freedom with code on the site, and as I am hosting it myself, I can add whatever I want. (e.g. I can now put in videos from sites other than youtube, and I can easily embed buttons at the bottom of each post to share on social media sites.
- It gets respect from people online, and as I am interested in being online, this factors in.
- It allows me to create other websites and host them, I have been considering doing some other small websites.
- It’s better for search engines.
- I really wanted to.
It’s been fun blogging here at wordpress.com, but I’m looking forward to the new opportunities created by this move.
The site will launch Feb 2, 2010. The time until then will be used to construct the site.
Thanks to everyone who has read this blog, and I look forward to seeing you over at calumhenderson.com
Tags: Church, Damage, Flood, iPhone, Photos, St Stephen's
Today our church, St Stephen’s, got slightly flooded by a burst water main on Mowbray Rd. It was covered on both Channel 7 and 9 on their 6pm news broadcasts. It was also covered by The North Shore Times (here). There is also a photo gallery here.
As of yet there is no major damage to be seen.
Update: List of media references
- Daily Telegraph (including a quote from my dad, Niall Henderson)
- North Shore Times
- North Shore Times Photo Gallery
Below are some photos from my Dad’s iPhone.
Tags: 2009, 2010, Blog, Blogging, New Year
Yay for another year!
2010 is going to be a great year for me. Mainly because I’ll be getting married in July, but there’ll be other cool stuff as well.
2009 has been a pretty great year as well. Here’s some stuff that’s happened on this blog.
- Started in May with this post.
- Had a few posts with massive amounts of traffic due to external links (on RSS and Twitter)
- But the biggest post was on Free Stuff that received an external link that people click through every day.
- Stopped in August (for this reason)
- Got back on the horse in November (for this reason)
- Got published in December
Various things have changed and upgraded and improved and moved. It’s been fun.
Thanks to all those who read regularly! You guys are awesome!
And thanks to all who contribute to discussions! You too are awesome!